Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fashion Icons

I'm pretty clueless/lazy/unoriginal when it comes to fashion but somehow I occasionally get compliments on what I wear. Instead of taking any credit, I just tell people who I copied that day. I have three fashion icons that I always refer to when I'm out shopping and I thought it was about time that I pay tribute to them. While one of them is a well known actress, a lot of people don't seem to know who the other two are whenever I mention their names. So here they are in no particular order!

Taylor Jacobson - Stylist

'I die' for Taylor! She's always rocking my favourites - flannel, denim, leather and leopard print. To add some tszuj to her look, she plays with gold jewelry. Her trademark accessories are her over sized ray bans and her gold rolex. She always looks effortlessly chic and edgy. I love her the most when she's dressed down but even when she dresses up she still somehow looks like a bad ass.











Rachel Bilson - Actress

Rachel Bilson makes a good fashion icon because her style is easy to follow! It also helps that she's short like me so whatever she wears will mostly likely look good on myself and other girls who are shorter or of average height. Her clothes are fairly basic so I'm constantly discovering new ways to wear what I already own. I especially love the way she layers with jackets and scarves. I would describe her style as casual chic.











Va$htie Kola - Fashion Designer, Music Video Director, Party Promoter, Downtown's Sweetheart etc...

While I love and copy all three of my fashion icons equally, if I had had had to pick a favourite it would probably be Vashtie. This is because her sense of style more closely resembles my own. Her fashion sense is all about balance. If she's wearing something tight, she will pair it with something baggy. She also shares my love for flannel and denim shirts, hoodies, ray bans, tennis shoes and biker boots. Her idea of dressing up is throwing a blazer or leather jacket over a t-shirt, which is exactly what a lazy tomboy like myself does!









No comments:

Post a Comment