Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ICONS


On a recent bizznizz trip to New York, I stopped by the Mr. Brainwash ICONS show in the Meatpacking District. I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about art but I really liked this show despite some of the negative criticism it has received. Some have commented on the striking resemblance to Banksy, while others speculate that Mr. Brainwash is Banksy. Who cares, right? So as the name states, the show revolves around cultural icons. I scored some free autographed posters of some of my favourite pieces like Kate Moss, Charlie Chaplin and Eric Campbell and the Beatles with their faces painted like the members of Kiss! The show is up until May 31 so if you're in New York before then, check it out. If you can't make it, enjoy these pictures (taken by my friend and colleague Joey Ignacio)















No comments:

Post a Comment