Tuesday, May 4, 2010

CH'MON!

I have recently become addicted to karaoke. Whenever I go to Indonesia to visit family, we go out for these large dinner parties and over there it’s fairly standard to end the meal with some karaoke. I used to roll my eyes and sulk when this took place (mostly because Indonesians have a tendency to only sing cheesy love songs like, ‘I will always love you’) but I’m now ready to go back and show my Indonesian peeps how it’s really done!

You see the key for making karaoke fun is lot’s of alcohol. Not only does it provide those suffering from stage fright with the necessary amount of liquid courage but it makes watching other people butcher the shit out of a song more tolerable. And here is a less obvious tip for enhancing your karaoke experience. Instead of performing songs that you genuinely like, try singing those songs that you’ve always made fun of. Me and my pal Christy recently did a rendition of System of a Down’s B.Y.O.B. Not only was it challenging but it was piss your pants hilarious!

Here is a clip of my favorite karaoke scene from one of my all time favorite movies, Rush Hour 2. I made my best friend in high school come to the theaters with me to watch it twice. This also happens to be one of my favourite songs to sing at karaoke!

2 comments: